Sunday, December 9, 2012

Tires!

I got some new tires!

I got suckered in to the deals after Thanksgiving. I was going to get them anyway, so might as well get them while the deal is good. I ended up getting them from Discount Tires. Those guys are usually willing to give you a deal, although very small deal, when you mention having looked at other places.

I ended up with BFG All Terrain T/A 33x10.50x15 (33in tall x 10.50in wide on a 15in wheel). BFG used to have those tires in a 9.50, which was what I really wanted. I love the look of tall, skinny tires. Those trucks were designed and built with tractor motors, literally, so I think the skinny tires fits the original intent of the vehicle rather than fat, clunky, mud tires that you can hear a mile away. They fit the truck really well. I did want the thinner tires, but the 10.50 look good too. I wanted the tires to stay tucked inside the fenders and these do, so I'm happy. They're 50k tires, so they should last for a while - the way I'm planning to drive it. They're all terrains, so they should do decent off road - lots of guys run these tires. And they're rated for severe weather conditions, so they should do good in the snow and ice. I'll believe the snow handling when I get to drive it on some snow pack.

Now with the tires on it's a rush to get the truck finished, or as finished as it's going to be before it's shipped off. December 11 is fast approaching and boy do I have a bunch to do. I have decided to have the truck shipped back home, so I don't have to worry about finishing everything completely, but the more I get done the cheaper it'll be in the end.

Photos to come on shipping day! Tuesday. This Tuesday. Oh, no... I type as my perfect, 10 day old, little girl sleeps on my lap.

No comments:

Post a Comment