Monday, December 10, 2012

Moving Day!

I spent all day on Monday getting the truck ready for shipping. I planned to get a ton done before it was pulled onto the trailer - no problem - I only have been sitting on these little side tasks for months, oh and there's a new, little person in my house now, no problem.

I've found that people with kids LOVE to tell you that 'oh, you're not going to have any time when she comes along'. No kidding. I am firmly planted in my thirties. I understand the change that will occur when we have a baby - haven't yet experienced it, but I understand that some change will occur to my free time. I get it. 'Oh, but you don't understand how little time you'll have once she comes'. Yea, yea, yea, I get it.

I didn't have any free time. Happy now?

The wife has set me loose to work on the truck. I had some guilt associated with her taking care of the baby while I got to fuss around in the garage. I took her up on it on Monday. She didn't want me to wait till the last minute - You'll get stressed out, she said. I got stressed out. Many profanities were exchanged between me and inanimate objects.

  • Finish the front end - I snapped some electrical connectors, but it's done. 
  • Finish the rear end - It didn't take too long - easiest part of my day. 
  • Install the rear seats - Ah yea, didn't get done. 
  • Install the rear seat belts - Ah yea, didn't get done. 
  • Install the front seat belts - Mark that one in the 'win' column. 
  • Install the HVAC panel - Ah yea, didn't get done. Ugh, mark that in the 'profanity' column. 
  • Load the truck up with parts they'll use at the shop - Done. Thanks to my buddy Josh for helping to muscle up the transmission/transfer case. 
  • Install ... was that it? Geez, I'm in trouble. I'm going to forget something extremely necessary. 

Pictures to follow tomorrow!  

No comments:

Post a Comment